The Dangers of Swallowing a Toothpick

A tiny toothpick may look harmless, but if accidentally swallowed, it can do a whole lot of damage. Dr. Mike Varshavski told Inside Edition that accidentally swallowing a toothpick can happen to anyone. "It's actually not that crazy because the toothpick being only 3 inches can fit into one of these little sliders without [you] even seeing it," he said. "If you're in a rush or you're eating this quickly, and it goes in the right angle, you can swallow it and have no idea."